By Jim Foote
Then today... sigh... they released a new trailer for the flick. It's as if they knew what I was writing and felt the need to put something else out there. At least that's what my ego is choosing to go with.
Check it out below.
This time, we get the actual Ray Parker Jr. theme from the original, to tag-team us into submission with the new techno/dubstep theme. It just... it's more cash grabbing and piggy backing off the original. Again, do what you want, but you can't do all of that and not expect a large population of the people to get pissed as all hell at you.
I checked three different uploaded pages of youtube. These are the results so far, which will surely keep adding up once more people see this abomination.
1. More Slimer, because "that's what people like!"
2. The original theme song, as stated above.
3. Either the Stay Puft or actual ghost from the logo... is in this movie. I'm doing some digging but not 100% sure on which it is. Either way, sadness.
4. Leslie Jones jokes that fall flat. "I don't know if this is a race thing or a lady thing..." Man, I like Jones on SNL. I feel her only comments are either her screaming, cheap race/gender jokes, and or "I get this city."
5. More over the top effects.
I also wonder if Thor possessed is the main villain, which I'm not sure I even have enough effort to give a shit about anymore.
Obviously, there are some who will say people won't give it a chance and or already made up their minds when it was announced. Some people, sure. I actually have watched the trailers. They're terrible. How anyone can say they were good trailers is beyond me, but I welcome you to try. Here's the thing, though; am I supposed to go give money to a movie I don't want to see, have no interest in, and think will be awful by what I've heard and seen JUST because you like it or want to see it? Not at all. Imagine if I flipped it on its side and said you shouldn't see it because I'm not excited for it at all. Imagine.
That being said... there are probably loads of children who will look up, see this movie and think, "those are MY Ghostbusters."
The accumulated filth of all their remakes and cheap jokes will foam up about their brains and all the kids and defenders will look up and shout "WATCH THIS!"... and I'll whisper "no."